2-Part Interactive Workshop
Standards for Inclusive Recreation Programs In Depth: Assessment, Implementation, & Evaluation of Best Practices
This two-part interactive workshop is for recreation program leadership, inclusion support personnel, camp leadership, afterschool program coordinators, and anyone guiding the development or delivery of recreation services for children with disabilities and their families. It will explore the Standards for Inclusive Recreation Programs in depth. Together we unpack each standard through both instructor-guided and small group activities to discuss implementation criteria and practical considerations. We explore enhancement strategies to promote best inclusionary practices across all levels and settings of an organization.
Participants will conduct a comprehensive assessment of current inclusive practices to measure alignment to the standards. Then, cooperatively analyze program strengths vs. needs to develop plans for improvement and enhancement. We will network and collaborate to develop partnerships among successful inclusive recreation programs across the country.
Interested in this workshop? We don't have any scheduled at the moment, but you can contact us to customize a session for you, your staff and your schedule.
Participants can expect to:
- Work closely with instructor to examine the Standards for Inclusive Recreation Programs and apply them to your specific program.
- Connect with other recreation program leaders and inclusion professionals in small groups to discuss the nuts and bolts of implementing the standards in practice.
- Receive guided support and individualized feedback from the instructor on an assessment of your program’s alignment to the standards including an analysis of program strengths & needs.
- Collaboratively develop action plans for advancing and enriching your program’s universal and individualized supports to promote meaningful inclusion of children with and without disabilities in all activities.
- Walk away with practical advice, tools, and strategies.
- Develop working partnerships with other successful inclusive recreation programs across the country.
PART ONE: Interactive Workshop
- Conduct the Program Assessment of Inclusionary Practice using materials provided.
- Submit assessment results and meet with instructor one-on-one to analyze and discuss results.
HOMEWORK: Independent Application (Anytime Between Workshops)
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of current inclusive practices with materials received in workshop to measure alignment to the Standards for Inclusive Recreation Programs.
- Review implementation criteria & assess readiness for Accreditation.
- Submit results to instructor and work one-on-one to discuss results and receive feedback.
PART TWO: Interactive Workshop
- Apply assessment results to a decision-making framework to address strengths vs. needs as well as plan for improvement and enhancement.
- Collaboratively develop ideas for enriching professional development, universal and individualized supports, program enrichment, participant/family connections, etc.
- Determine new directions and plan for next steps.
Everybody Participates Everybody Belongs
There are many ways to support our mission. One of them is through donating.
Whether it's a little or a lot, it all helps and it all matters!