SPECIALIST COURSE APPLICATION
16-Week Online Course
Cohort 2 begins August 17, 2022
This application is to participate in Cohort 2, the asynchronous pilot of the NIP Inclusive Recreation Specialist Course beginning on August 17th, 2022. This online course helps individuals earn a specialized certificate in inclusive recreation. Self-paced, comprehensive course modules will equip practitioners to implement best practices of inclusive recreation across a range of settings to meet the needs of children with disabilities and support their families. We are looking for participants that represent a range of backgrounds in disability and recreation including: recreation professionals early in their careers, experienced practitioners working in recreation or disability-related fields, and students advanced in their studies wanting to deepen their knowledge of inclusive recreation.
The course is powered by Partners for Youth with Disabilities’ online learning platform and thanks to a partnership with The MENTOR Network Charitable Foundation, there is no cost to participate for individuals accepted into this pilot.
For more detailed information about the Specialist Course visit our website at inclusionproject.org/specialistcourse.
- Participants must complete all coursework, assignments, and requirements in the 16 weeks between August 17, 2022 and December 7, 2022.
- The learning structure of the course is designed to take approximately 3-4 hours per week across 4 months (e.g., online modules, readings, assignments, e-learning activities, etc.). However, because the course is self-paced, participants can move as quickly or as slowly as desired. Participants must also take part in electronic surveys and virtual feedback sessions with the instructor to evaluate the course throughout the 16 weeks.
- Upon successfully finishing all required coursework, surveys, feedback, and course evaluations, participants will receive a certificate of completion and endorsement as an National Inclusion Project Inclusive Recreation Specialist.
- Application Deadline is July 5, 2022. Please contact email@example.com to inquire about availability after that date.
- A committee will review the applications and applicants will be notified by late July of enrollment decisions.
Everybody Participates. Everybody Belongs
There are many ways to support our mission. One of them (and a very easy one at that) is through donating.