2-Part Interactive Workshop
Inclusion Strategy Spotlight: In Depth Explorations of Different High Impact Strategies
These two-part interactive workshops are for anyone working with children and adolescents in inclusive settings. Participants will sign up to explore one inclusion strategy per session. Participants can choose from Hiring Staff, Family & Participant Intake, Positive Behavior Support, Adaptations & Accommodations, Inclusive Play & Movement, Inclusive Youth Sports & Fitness, Inclusive Activity Design & Implementation and more!
Together, we unpack an inclusion strategy through both instructor-guided and small group activities to discuss implementation ideas and practical considerations. We dive into the nuts and bolts of the strategy to fit them with the unique context of your organization and meet the needs of the children you serve.
Participants use the materials, tools, and resources provided to implement strategy, then receive detailed feedback and recommendations for enhancements. We will network and collaborate to develop partnerships among professionals committed to best inclusive practices.
Participants can expect to:
- Work closely with instructor to examine the research-base, the rationale, & the real-world practicalities for implementing high impact inclusion strategies with all children served in your program.
- Connect with other inclusion professionals in small groups to discuss activity designs, programming ideas and participant needs.
- Receive guided support and individualized feedback from the instructor.
- Collaboratively develop activities grounded in best practices and aligned to effective inclusion strategies to support the learning, growth, participation, and behavior of all children.
- Walk away with practical advice, tools, and strategies.
- Develop working partnerships with other successful inclusive recreation programs and professionals across the country.
PART ONE: Interactive Workshop
- Explore fundamental principles of specific inclusion strategy
- Apply the strategy to practical scenarios and case examples.
- Engage in whole group & small group activities modeling strategy implementation.
- Practice designing and leading inclusive activities & lessons using the strategy with instructor guidance and small group collaboration.
HOMEWORK: Independent Application (Anytime Between Workshops)
- Participants will try out the strategy explored in the workshop with the children served in their program.
- Design an activity using the strategy to implement in a real-world setting.
- Submit activity draft to instructor for individualized written feedback & suggestions.
- Implement the activity.
- Reflect on what worked & what didn’t.
PART TWO: Interactive Workshop
- Analyze activity reflections and propose changes/improvements to strategy implementation.
- Detail adaptations and adjustments to strategy implementation to fit program & population needs.
- Share strategy-rich activity ideas with peers to walk away with multiple ready-to-implement activities grounded in best practice.
Unable to attend the days/times listed OR interested in customizing a workshop for your staff? Contact Amanda Kloo at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule and design a workshop to meet your needs.
Everybody Participates Everybody Belongs
There are many ways to support our mission. One of them is through donating.
Whether it's a little or a lot, it all helps and it all matters!