2-Part Interactive Workshop
Accreditation for Inclusive Recreation Programs In Depth: Preparation, Process, & Partnerships
This two-part interactive workshop is for recreation program leadership, inclusion support personnel, program directors, program coordinators, and any program representative pursuing Accreditation. It will equip program representatives with the information, tools, and understanding to prepare for and pursue Accreditation as a National Inclusion Project Inclusive Recreation Program. Together we measure program readiness for Accreditation through both instructor-guided and small group activities.
Participants conduct a comprehensive assessment of current inclusive practices to measure alignment to the Standards for Inclusive Recreation Programs. We dive into the implementation criteria and evidence documentation for each Standard required for Accreditation. We detail the procedures, timeline, and practical components of each step of the Accreditation process from initial interest, to materials preparation and submission, to site visits, to committee review.
Interactive discussion groups and guided activities develop a strong collaborative partnership with NIP to navigate the Accreditation process. Participants will make connections with other programs pursuing Accreditation as a National Inclusion Project Inclusive Recreation Program as well as with NIP’s network of Accredited programs across the country.
Participants can expect to:
- Work closely with instructor to explore all aspects of the process for pursuing Accreditation as a National Inclusion Project Inclusive Recreation Program.
- Connect with other program leaders in small groups to discuss the nuts and bolts of preparing for and participating in the Accreditation process.
- Receive guided support and individualized feedback from the instructor on an assessment of your program’s alignment to the standards including an analysis of Accreditation criteria.
- Collaboratively develop action plans to prepare a complete application package and host site visits.
- Walk away with practical advice, tools, and strategies for pursuing Accreditation.
- Develop working partnership with NIP and other inclusive recreation programs across the country.
- Receive follow-up support and consultation from NIP throughout the Accreditation process.
PART ONE: Interactive Workshop
- Explore the Standards for Inclusive Recreation Programs & measure program standards’ alignment & implementation of inclusive practices foundational to NIP Accreditation.
- Unpack the nuts and bolts of the Accreditation process including: timeline, procedures, tasks, materials, tools, visits, and review process.
- Dive into the implementation criteria and evidence documentation for each Standard required for Accreditation
HOMEWORK: Independent Application (Anytime Between Workshops)
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of current inclusive practices with materials received in workshop to measure alignment to the Standards for Inclusive Recreation Programs.
- Review implementation criteria & assess readiness for Accreditation.
- Submit results to instructor and work one-on-one to discuss results and receive feedback.
PART TWO: Interactive Workshop
- Apply assessment results to an action planning framework to prepare a complete Accreditation package.
- Discuss the site visitation process and procedures.
- Understand the Accreditation review and decision-making process.
- Ask and answer questions and plan for next steps.
Unable to attend the days/times listed OR interested in customizing a workshop for your staff? Contact Amanda Kloo at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule and design a workshop to meet your needs.
Everybody Participates Everybody Belongs
There are many ways to support our mission. One of them is through donating.
Whether it's a little or a lot, it all helps and it all matters!